Recipe by Maddy Shaw
What you need:
- 300g almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP ground ginger
- 200g organic grass fed butter
- 150g coconut sugar
- 1 TSP vanilla bean extract
- 1 egg
What you do:
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a blender. Ad the egg, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla. Slowly add in the almond meal. Add a little extra if the dough is too moist.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour to allow the dough to firm up. If you are in a hurry, place in the freezer for 20 minutes. Roll out the dough to about 1/2cm on baking paper . Cut out into shapes with a gingerbread cutter and place cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 150 C. for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Receive weekly love notes + your FREE 12 Steps to Wellness sneak peek