Pumpkin Spice Granola0
Recipe by Sarah Wilson
Click here to buy Sarah’s I Quit Sugar ebooks
Makes 6-8 gifts
What you need:
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter; or a mix of both)
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (simply roast or steam, then mash with a fork)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon each of: cinnamon, allspice and ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 2 cups almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pepitas (preferably activated ones), chopped roughly
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 140 C. In a saucepan, melt the oil/butter, syrup and pumpkin puree and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and stir in the oats until well combined, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread the mixture evenly on baking paper on a tray and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
- When golden (I like to make mine quite dark; the darker it is, the crunchier it is), remove and cool immediately to get it crispy. Break up the pieces a little then divide into 6 pretty jars. Decorate as you see fit!
TIP: Present to your guest with little swing tag attached that has the recipe written out, plus serving tips such as “serve with full-fat plain yoghurt for breakfast” or “serve with some coconut cream that you’ve left in the fridge overnight for a lush dessert”.
Click here to enter the 12 days of Christmas Comp
Receive weekly love notes + your FREE 12 Steps to Wellness sneak peek