Raw Goji + Ginger Chocolate Fudge0
For all the chocoholics out there this is for you, a healthy alternative to a chocolate brownie or fudge. Again like most of my dessert recipes this is grain, gluten, egg, diary and sugar free..BOOM.
Here’s how you do it!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unhulled organic tahini
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans and macadam nuts (you can use both or one or the other)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup date paste (see below)
- 1-2 teaspoon organic maple syrup or raw organic honey (only if needed)
- 1/3 cup goji berries
How To Make Date Paste:
Place 9 pitted dates, in food processor with 1/3 cup
water and process until creamy. If dates are dry and hard you can pre-soak them in the 1/3 cup of warm water for 1-2 hours and then blend the dates with the soaking water.
What you do:
- Measure out all ingredients and set aside (this is so your chocolate doesn’t go hard).
- Over very low heat, melt coconut oil and tahini in pan.
- Remove from heat and add cacao powder, vanilla, coconut, pecans, macadama, ginger and date paste, stir till well combined.
- Adjust sweetness with maple syrup or honey – only if needed.
- Pour in to an 8″x8″ parchment lined pan (bottom only).
- Spread evenly and sprinkle with coconut and goji berries, gently pressing the goji’s so that it will stay put.
- Chill until firm.
Use a sharp knife to cut into bite size pieces or bars. Keep chilled for optimal firmness. You can also heat in the oven and add cream when serving.
Receive weekly love notes + your FREE 12 Steps to Wellness sneak peek